Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Further Erosion of My Stone Heart

Jeez, I may have to kiss my stone heart goodbye now. The Jon Corzine (New Jersey gubernatorial candidate) campaign ad* with the young man in the wheelchair is getting to me.

At least I can still take solace in the fact that seeing people trip on 6th Avenue still cracks me up.

On a slightly related note, why isn't the mayoral race in New York as nasty as the race between Corzine vs. Forrester? Both Ferrer and Bloomie are running the most namby-pamby sugary-happy ads. We want blood and name-calling people.

*Click on "videos" to see the ad.

1 comment:

SGL Café.com said...

I think the campaign heated up when Ferrer accused Bloomie of being the largest single financial contributor to the Bush re-election campaign.

I hated Bloomie since he banned cigarettes. What's a smoky dive without the smoke?

I've since quit ... but still miss the smoke. Now I hate Bloomie on principle ... AND the fact that he help put Bush back in office.

Now very Red State of him.