Yep, for all us Aquarians out there, it is now our New Year (January 20th), and we get a new moon--in Aquarius to boot.
Now this might be a new moon, but it might as well be a full moon based on what has occurred to me this evening.
For starters, I decided out of the blue to go see Kathy Griffin at Carnegie Hall, and shockingly enough got a great seat.
Having arrived in Midtown too early, I decide to brave the sudden burst of snow flurries (yay!) and mosey on over to Therapy--a bar that I don't necessarily hate, but am not all that fond of, since the clinetele tends to be of the S&M (Stand & Model) ilk from the theatre. Nonetheless it killed time until I had to be at Carnegie Hall.
On my way down to the heart of Hell's Kitchen, I run into a FG pair who were at Therapy. They stare at me, and because my cardinal rule when I'm being stared at is to stare right back, they amble off somewhere making some comment which I couldn't make out since it was windy and I was listening to Michael MacDonald on my mp3 player.
After a post-show drink over at the Ninth Avenue Bistro--like hell I'm going to Therapy again--I decided on a whim to cap the night by going to XES.
XES really made me feel like it was a full moon night since the video screens were playing dead Black R&B singers videos (TLC & Aaliyah basically), while the DJ seemed to be dredging up random rap and New Jack Swing.
Let's just say, I know that when weirdness comes by the bucketloads, it is my time to turn in.
No comments:
Post a Comment