The Slovenian national final, EMA, was held yesterday (aka my birthday), and ugh, the song the televoters went for was acrid. It's a rockish power ballad called "Stop" by Omar Naber, who's apparently from a TV talent show. Listen, I'm all for simplicity, but simply having Omar (who is good-looking in a way) with a woman providing backup by going "ahhh-ahhh" in a soprano voice does not scream to me winner.
What makes things even more cruel is that there were so many more songs worthy of beating this. Most notably Alya (http://www.alya.info), who has kicked ass since her first EMA in 2001. I was hoping for a win for her, and frankly, I was shocked she didn't even make into the top 3, since her performance was AMAZING. (I think her song "Exxtra" wasn't one of her stronger entries, but she sold it visually and this isn't called Eurovision for nothing.)
I'm hoping you get in next year, Alya. I have no doubt you'd win the lot.
No comments:
Post a Comment