So, I'm looking at his LGBT proposals and his African American appeal, and I feel nothing.
I feel no transformative experience.
I still see the man who will not and has not apologised for allying himself publicly with McClurkin.
I still see the man who tries to convince people that guilt can be taken away by a tick in the voting booth.
I still see a man that expects me to vote for him on the basis of shared pigmentation.
There is something missing, and all I see is a sepia McGovern at the moment.
2 comments:
he's not my first pick either. but if he gets the democractic nomination, i will vote for him. the alternative would be to support a republican (by directly voting for mccain or indirectly staying at home on election day).
thank God for figurative speech. if you really did see McGovern its time to change your glasses !!
Post a Comment