Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Coming Soon: The 2008 Presidental Race on Hikaruland

(sigh)

Because quite frankly it is important to cover it, but let me just get the following off my chest:
  1. Is it me, or are they rushing this thing too early, like Christmas sales in October? I do know the importance, and I am quite aware of why this is a special race, but good god, PATIENCE!
  2. No Gore, No Clark, no candidate I care about at the moment.
  3. SP-USA hasn't even had its convention yet, so could we at least let us all get to October? (I'm leaning towards Dwight Welch, and not just because he has good aesthetic taste in his blog template.)
  4. Wouldn't it be fun if US elections were like those in parliamentary countries wherein the whole shebang is over in a few months? (Although between you and me, I find the lack of term limits a little bit unnerving.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

on the one hand, i think the earlier start allows voters to examine the candidates more thoroughly. but on the other hand, it also makes raising money much more important to the candidates (since they have a longer period to get their names out there so voters don't forget about them).