Wednesday, February 03, 2010

The decade of bad movies?

Empire Magazine has published a list of the 50 Worst Movies ever made, topping the list is Batman and Robin (which effectively put the franchise in hiatus), but what I found interesting about the top ten was that six of the top ten were made in the previous decade.*

*arguing that the naughties were 2000-2009

I don’t believe that this is just a mere coincidence, there are more chefs in that particular kitchen for that to happen. So what happened in the naughties?

Did potential profit blind the studios to crap cinema?

And if it did, is it possible to reverse the trend?

Perhaps.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think the prominence of recent movies in the all-time worst list is explained by the fact that memory fades. there are plenty of very bad movies from earlier decades, but we've all just forgotten how terrible they were.

libhom said...

Inglorious Basterds is one of the worst movies I've ever seen, and it was from the last decade.