I must admit this year’s crop of songs just leaves me feeling…blah. According to the betting sites (via TV Tonight), two of the most humdrum songs are pipped to be fighting for the trophy at the end of the month.
The most charitable thing I can say about Germany: It has a decent beat and it would be nice for Germany to win (after a 28 year drought.)
The most charitable thing I can say about Azerbaijan: She’s a pretty girl who isn’t making a fool of herself.
Save for Moldova, Romania, Switzerland, the UK, and to some extent France, it’s just a crappy year.
Still, there’s fun to be had, like the OnEurope blog, which covers the rehearsals and goings on in Oslo during this fun Eurosong time! And the wonderful fact that this year, I can watch English commentary live on television…courtesy of SBS!
Enjoy!
1 comment:
deutschland uber alles! just kidding. i don't have a favorite yet.
Post a Comment