Wednesday, March 30, 2005

The Splash Post-mortem

For the scant few who have been following my blog, you might perhaps know that Tuesday night is the night that I drink copious amounts of alcohol at Splash.

Tonight, I wound up inadverteningly running an hour late so that I wound up getting to Splash after they were showing the videos and were in the process of changing the seating area into a dance floor. Nonetheless, I had a good time. Primarily since I had been able to beat my own record in terms of drinking: [from just 6 beers to 6 beers and 3 glasses of red wine].

Other funny things:

There was this couple that had nearly identical hair cuts and body shapes who midway through my night (at least) decided to take their shirts off and dance. I found this quite funny, because it confirmed my belief that a significant amount of gay men (in this case those with matching peroxide dyes) are searching for their own twin.

Then there were the go-go boys. A black go-go boy provided one of the most unintentionally camp performaces on God's Green Earth. Another one started his whoring for timps right in front of me. Indeed, for five minutes I was sipping on an Amstel Light trying to ignore the crotch being thrust in my face.

Fun times.

No comments: