...for today that I stumbled across this tidbit of news about there being four new Evangelion movies planned.
Colour me skeptical, but hasn't everything been said in that series...at least in a plot and character sense? Not to mention, it can't be good for Anno to keep on returning to a story that is essentially charting his descent into psychosis.
Don't get me wrong, I think he's a genius (the show--in particular the homoerotically charged final episodes--inspired me as a writer more than I will ever fully know), but for that reason alone I'd be more interested in seeing him continue on with new work.
Of course, I'll still buy the dern things when they get released...which is the most likely reason as to why they're making them.
The Heartbreaker Summer continues.
1 comment:
I don't know how many times I refuse to like/watch Evangelion and...I watch and like them anyways...I'm not sure but there is something so alluring about it. Though, you're right, I would love to see new work yet we take what we can get.
From one anime lover to another.
Post a Comment