Thursday, April 30, 2009

Kusanagi-gate: Blame it on the...al..al..al..

Granted the Tsuyoshi Kusanagi story has mostly disappeared from the global stage, but I found this article from Kyodo News rather interesting (plus, it's Showa Day):

His lawyer, who also attended the press conference, stressed that he has no memory of the incident, but probably ''felt high for some reason'' after drinking and stripped naked at a central Tokyo park in the early hours Thursday...

...Kusanagi said that he had once stripped down to his shorts at his home when he was drinking with Shingo Katori, another SMAP member, but had not stripped naked in public...

...Asked how he will handle alcohol from now on, Kusanagi said, ''I don't feel like drinking at all now'' but added that he hopes one day he can enjoy drinking ''as an adult.''

First, I think Shingo & Tsuyoshi might have some sort of A Separate Peace thing going on. He was screaming out Shingo's name on the night he supposedly drank all the al..al..al..alcohol. (Apologies to anyone who doesn't have Jamie Foxx's Blame It running through their head the way I do at the moment.)

Secondly, drinking to the point of near nudity? The armchair therapist in me says that's verging on repressed desires. It's clear he was frustrated.

Third, I don't think it was just alcohol that made him do it. The man is 34, and in one of the most successful boybands of all time. He's been around some chemical substances of dubious legality, and closed blinds cover most lies.

Japan being the way it is, it's unlikely the full story will ever come out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i think it's very interesting that his lawyer said that he "felt high" (which isn't the same as "being high") -- although one must wonder how he could have "felt high" without a little chemical assistance.