Several articles caught my eye in today’s Sydney Morning Herald:
- NBC finally realises that nobody likes Jay Leno all that much except for accountants and Leno himself. Poor Conan, that’s all I have to say. (Mind you, I don’t know why it is absolutely imperative for the Tonight Show to broadcast from the West Coast.)
- Selfridges (it’s British for “overpriced and precious department store”) says we can now officially call 1990s clothing vintage. I say “bollocks” to that, especially since you can’t justify flannel in coastal urban Australia unless you want a heath scare.
- Two Australian executives from the Qantas group barred from leaving Vietnam because of losses incurred by Jetstar Pacific. There’s a Machiavellian side to me that finds this hilarious, especially since practically everyone at Enron got away scot-free.
- Sydney…it’s a dirty city. Not as in raunchy or risqué, nope, just the classic full-of-rubbish kind, according to Miranda Devine. Her descriptions make it out to sound like Sydney is the Antipodean Detroit (it’s not that bad…yet), but she does take Mayor Moore to task for not doing much to make the city clean.
- And over at the Daily Telegraph, take a tour through the vapid world of Sydney’s A-listers…and please feel free to donate to Socialist International afterwards if you feel dirty like I did after reading it.
1 comment:
that was quite an eclectic mix of news items. i have to disagree about sydney being a dirty city, though.
Post a Comment