Saturday, July 01, 2006

As The Blade Slides Further Into Irrelevance and Intolerance

This week's Blade features an article (read: puff piece) on Coors trying to mend its reputation with the gay community.

Now since reading The Blade is becoming more and more akin to reading Drudge or Fox News, I can't say that I'm totally surprised to see this indirect love letter to one of the biggest supporters of the Republicans, but one particular passage [in the interview with the Lesbian CEO of the ad agency working with Coors on this endeavour] stands out:

Blade: I certainly don’t mind looking at the guys in the ads. I noticed a predominance of Latino-looking guys. Is that intentional?

Meifert: We found through a lot of very informal polling that Coors Light is the No. 1 beer in a gay space and is huge with the Latino community. We also found out that white guys are really attracted to Latino men, and Latino men are attracted to Latino men. So we decided to go with a Latino flair.

So apparently black, asian, and multiracial men don't matter one iota?

Absolutely charming philosophy to live by.

No comments: