Monday, June 05, 2006

Because It's Unofficially Summer Now

A photo taken by the comrade, because I am notoriously evil to tourists in every city that I lived in. I think that The Bronx and Staten Island CVBs ought to thank me because I have sent many visitors to Morrisiana and Grant City in search of the Empire State Building and Carnegie Hall.

Since I figure that people in other cities are as devious as I am, I get a map and stick to it when I'm travelling.

I offer up this quote from a concierge that I met recently:

"I spend hours at my job giving directions, and you're not paying me."

If you can't figure out where West 34th street is and you're on West 33rd in a borough 80% laid out like a grid, then you deserve to be led astray.

4 comments:

BostonPobble said...

In Boston, the Prudential building is our main landmark. It is a large building with "PRUDENTIAL" across the top. Wicked hard to miss. I love when people are standing within blocks of it and ask me where it is. Ah well...

sttropezbutler said...

Tis amazing what people refuse to see.

STB

Bougie Black Boy said...

absolutely hilarious!

K said...

hahaha.