Wednesday, August 16, 2006

The View-Splash-The View Post-Mortem: It's Good To Be Home

Really it is.

It's all the friendliness of Chicago combined with the certain "life is tough" aspect of New York.

I know I'm happy to be home, because not even the go-go boys thrusting their crotches in my face while I sucked down San Pelligrinos got on my nerves. In fact, they added onto the night.

No Cypriot action tonight, so that even made it for a more fun and friviolous night.

And then there's The View.

I was seriously in danger of getting blotto there because they kept on mplaying great video after great video. By the time that Kylie Minogue rolled around I knew I had to pry myself away.

(Before La Minogue they played a dance remix of Mary J. Blige--no, not the one you're thinking of--a video that seemed to involve Mary being surrounded by men dancing shirtless, in other words the "Mary is a gay diva and you'd better realise" video.)

All I can say is that life is very good at home. I can tell it's a good night when I come home optimistic. Perhaps I need to check if I've reached official New York resident status.

Will you have me New York?

1 comment:

Bougie Black Boy said...

i've been incognito. Hope things are going well... lets meet up sometime soon