My anxiety can rest, all of EMA 2007 will be held while I'm away. (There will be an Atlanta post-mortem when I return.) Alas, this means I will miss my annual dose of Peter Poleš--who is reason enough for Slovenia to win soon.
Always the eager beaver, I took a listen to some of the entries on the preview show.
As expected, Alya's "Vizija" kicked major ass and she has truly gone from Slovenia's answer to Christina Aguileira to Dale Bozzio for the 21st Century.
Obviously, I'm rooting for her and it should be her year.
Even if it isn't, I have to say that this is one of the strongest EMA lineups in a long time: Nude is back with a song that isn't as strong as their 2001 entry; so are Lunapark (ditto); Diona Dimm now has a "Team" supporting her and the deepest female voice this side of Akiko Wada (only on here, children, only on here).
Other notable mentions include: Rok Cosmač--who looks suspiciously like Aaron Carter or Jesse McCartney (take your pick) , the opera-meets-house music entry from Alenka Gotar (aka the Nuša entry), Dean Vivod & Tonus Kitarus (the joke entry that is more pleasing to the ears than Alf Poier), Denis, whose staging looks like Clay Aiken meets Justin Timberlake via La Podolskaya, but whose song is chirpy and perky as hell, and Eva Černe who has Omar/Anžej spot with a song tailored for her Nuša Jr./Diana DeGarmo style.
Obviously, I want Alya, but bias aside it's Alenka, Diona, or Eva with Alya as a strong contender to pip the post. I really will be surprised if Slovenia goes for males three times in a row, but there's no jury vote this year so it's a level playing field.
Working against Eva's favour: Omar and Anžej both getting the nod last year against the popular vote.
Working against Alenka's favour: Nothing I can forsee except that it might suffer from poor staging based on the preview performance.
Working against Diona's favour: Sestre.
Working against Alya's favour: The fact that I like her.
Working in Alya's favour: Everything else.
Ok, I'm biased, but frankly, she damn well deserves it.
No comments:
Post a Comment