And it's about Eurovision, in particular Spain.
So we all know who won, and the fans aren't all that pleased with it.
I haven't seen the show yet (it won't air for another hour here), but I'm taking the long view of things.
In the midst of any kvetching, just remember the horrors of the Witches and the Ketchup.
Now remember that you've got a boyband (major + with the voters), frothy bilingual G:son entry (another +, he's like the Nordic Brendam Graham, this one), and an uptempo number (another +). It's not very Spanish per se, but it's total mass appeal.
And remember this quote from The Rocky Horror Picture Show:
"I didn't make him for you."
Based on the reaction of Finnish acquaintences of mine, they really didn't want Lordi to be the ones bringing the trophy to Finland last year.
All that said, Portugal quite likely will send something very urban and very Portugese and beat up the scoreboard, thus proving that there is no set formula for every country.
Recaplet of the Spanish final to come soon. It's a recaplet, because I do not have the patience of Job to sit through that long of a final with 25 possiblities and filler without resorting to massive fast-forwarding.
In other news:
Latvia chose some operatic song in Italian. It's nice when you know ahead of time when to have your bathroom break.
Karolina got the nod for Macedonia with a song weaker than her 2002 entry (however even that song was all about the performance), but likely to get into the final and more of a fighting chance of keeping Macedonia in the final for 2008 if both she and her backing singers go all dramatic onstage.
4 comments:
Well, I watched Mision Eurovision and have been seeing the reactions on the internet boards, and the fans actually like the winners, they're just a bit disapointed cause there was a better option: Mirela with "Tu voz se apagara".
Still, I think it won't do bad in Helsinki, though i wouldn't say top5 for Spain this year...
Naruto-kun, I respectfully disagree. Spain's a hot contender for top 5. Remember tATu got 3rd place with a performance that was at best mildly controlled. Do not underestimate the hormones of the undersexed.
Fist, let me just tell you how amazed I am at the fact that there is somebody else in NYC that is obsessed with Eurovision, just like me!
I have two quick questions - What channel do you usually watch EV on? How come you watched Mision Eurovision? Do you have TVE?
I have TVE - watched the whole thing and must tell you that I really dislike NASH. My choice would have been Mirela with La Reina de la Noche. I have been humming that song all day! But I still think NASH might do better than Bloody Mary...
You guessed right, Jay. I have TVE.
It's much better for the back and eyes to watch Eurovision on a proper television than squinting at a computer screen.
NASH's win is a case of mediocrity (and I mean that lovingly) winning. Out of the 25 possiblities, the one that had the most support out of all the groups voting won. Mirela & Nazaret did each other in.
Post a Comment