i don't know much about the music business, but i wonder what it really means for timbaland to "produce" the song. i mean, is he actually writing the song?
Just spitballing myself here, but I guess producing a song is a bit like being a stylist: You don't make the outfit, but you know which accessories et. al. look best with it.
So he'll give it some random beatboxes in places, I reckon.
All that said, I think there are some producers that are also writers as well. I think the article seems to suggest that whether or not Timbaland is one of these types, he's not writing this one.
3 comments:
i don't know much about the music business, but i wonder what it really means for timbaland to "produce" the song. i mean, is he actually writing the song?
Just spitballing myself here, but I guess producing a song is a bit like being a stylist: You don't make the outfit, but you know which accessories et. al. look best with it.
So he'll give it some random beatboxes in places, I reckon.
All that said, I think there are some producers that are also writers as well. I think the article seems to suggest that whether or not Timbaland is one of these types, he's not writing this one.
good analogy (producer vs. stylist). thanks.
Post a Comment