Sam I am, I do not like to link to the New York Post, but at least it's the entertainment section.
In today's Pulse, there is an article pointing out the plethora of non-American male actors.
In it, Life on Mars (debuting tonight by the way, although the recent full court press by ABC has made that hard to escape) producer Scott Rosenberg (and other producers as well) bemoans the fact that American male actors are not macho enough:
...these guys don't come to us with any baggage. That's what's really nice. They're not all Us-magazined and Page-Sixed. Those actors wilt the minute they get any success. Jason [O'Mara, the lead on Life on Mars]'s the one who's crash-landing into 1973 and into people's living rooms for the first time. He's not someone who's been washed-out from doing myriad TV shows.
Now, I don't quite buy Rosenberg's claim. I offer this theory: it's not like American actors are devoid of machismo, it's just that the American actors he looked at might've asked for more money. An actor from overseas might not be as costly. Just a theory.
I don't know where Rosenberg has been, but macho American actors are out there. He's just trying to justify his decision to cast a non-American.
For what it is worth, Life on Mars is at least shooting in New York, which--in my humble opinion--yields many more "macho" actors than Los Angeles.
1 comment:
anyone who claims to be an actor should be able to "act" macho.
Post a Comment