So this week's victims are:
- Fredrik Kempe & Sanna Nielsen: Who look like a plump version of Denise Van Outen (Sanna) and Jason Donovan (Fredrik). They'll be singing in Swedish, so they're all right in my book.
- Camilla Brinck: Whom looks like she just escaped the convent but is cited as "Svenska 'J-Lo'" which...okay...I just have bad memories of the shudder-riffic version of "Work this groove" which was performed last week.
- Avalon: Two men of colour who I think are brothers. One is good looking (in his picture), the other one has those dreadlocks that scream "I hate showering." I already stated that I'm not doing racial solidarity votes at MF (hee-hee) and the fact that they have a song called "Big up" is doing these lads no favours with me.
- Arja Sajonmaa: Whom I think is Finnish, but is quite popular in Sweden and a bit of a MF (hee-hee) queen (hee-hee-hee). Have you seen the trailer for the new Jennifer Lopez-Jane Fonda movie? Arja looks like Jane. I like her already. (Plus she's singing in Swedish.)
- Josefin Nilsson: You know the image you get in your head when you think of actresses in Swedish porn films from the 1970's? Imagine what they look like now. (Heck, just think Mamie Van Doren.) That's my take on Josefin. However, she's singing in Swedish, could very well go for camp in her performance, and...I have yet to hear the song. (I'm just saying I'm leaning towards Arja heavily right now.)
- Cameron Cartio: He's good looking and has a song called "Roma" (meaning Rome not gypsies). I don't have my hopes up, but I'd watch him do porn.
- Bodies Without Organs: I guess this is the slot that Pay TV filled last week--avantgarde, slightly bonkers band with loads of synthesisers. (I see "ELO" and "Kraftwerk" in their profile, so I think it's a safe guess.) I might like this motley crew.
- Sanne Salomonsen: She's Danish and has the similar ex-porn star look that Josefin has, but with the added bonus of looking like she's done well. Apparently Sanne (and not Sanna, which I can tell is going to be irritating having both of them in the same semi) is a Danish rock queen. (Good!) Singing in English (Bad!)
I think I'll be safe lyric-wise this time: 3 Swedish songs, 1 that might be in Italian, and I have hopes that Bodies Without Organs have some decent lyrics for their song "Gone."
No comments:
Post a Comment