Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Just Because You're Pissed Off About Your Divorce...

...don't take it out on the rest of us, a great many who can't even marry.

If there's anything more indicative of the selfish individualism that has taken grasp of the US in the first decade of the 21st Century, I think this is it.

By the way, I think the local news stations went a little too far in their 3 hour plus nonstop coverage. After it was known that this wasn't a terrorist attack and that a bomb wasn't involved, there was no need to go on and on about it.

Then again, this did happen on the Upper East $ide, and by now, we all know that whenever the wealthy are threatened then it's a catastrophe and the sign of end times.

2 comments:

Lyrically speaking said...

I'm sure if it was somewhere in Brooklyn, for example "Flatbush" it would have been a one day coverage and quickly forgotten, lol.

BostonPobble said...

If it had been in Brooklyn, it wouldn't have even blipped on the radar. Sadly...