For starters, how come I heard nothing about Rick Astley making a comeback in 2001? He certainly gave it a damn good try.
Aquarians age well, don't we?
Of course this may just be my February 6 bias, but Rick Astley deep in his SAW days was all the upside of the 80s.
And he managed to do a pretty good ballad in '91, I reckon. (Yes, I said it: "a good ballad." This is one exception to the "all ballads must make you feel like slitting your wrists" rule.)
You think I was going to end the 2006 jukeboxes with a ballad? Ha!
The funny thing about a lot of Rick Astley videos in the 80s is that they aren't as aggressively heterosexual as the lyrics would suggest. They're pure camp fluff, and that is a very good thing.
Of course, Rick (onscreen) only seems to have chemistry with the camera, mysterious ginger that he is.
No comments:
Post a Comment