Wednesday, December 13, 2006

The View-Splash Post-Mortem: Believe Me, I Have The Last Laugh

Let's get the big news out of the way: I got pickpocketed.

Yes, I finally got pickpocketed and in a very sly way: by a small guy with bad breath groping my crotch at The View.

All I lost was a mp3 player (which is covered by a guaranty and is only activated by a password which I only know) and ultimately no big loss.

Ironically, I also wound up winning 2 tickets to the sold-out showing of Dreamgirls this Saturday. I can't use them, but I have 2 friends who can, so it's not like they would be wasted.

The way I see it, I can now get a better mp3 player and I have now given a good friend of mine a great Hanukkah present.

All is right with the world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And why, may I ask would one permit a small guy with bad breath grab one's crotch without smacking him upside the head?

I could understand if he were tall, dark and drop dead gorgeous, but.........

I'm sorry it happened but if you believe that all is once again right with the world, then by all means enjoy the new MP3 player.

Have a great holiday!

DON~