Yes, this part of the internet has reached 700 posts and I'm celebrating it by having a roundtable of sorts. Joining me is slut--I mean--21st century courtesan Aron Slade, and our two "sou desu ne boys," who are biding their time between tanning sessions and bar opening hours.
Hikaru: First off, something light. Today's Out Hot Guy of the Day.
Aron: Eh. He could lose the spiky hair. I'd do him.
SDNB #1: Short.
Hikaru: I thought the 90s were over.
SDNB #2: Indeed.
HF: Next, the presidental field for 2008.
AS: Richardson. Obama has charisma but no ideas.
SDNB #1: Indeed.
HF: Clark? Gore?
AS: Gore isn't going to run. Not in a million years. No way will Clark run with Clinton in the mix.
SDNB #2: Indeed.
AS: You really aren't that informed are you?
HF: Richardson or Edwards. Clinton with a strong chance. I don't think we're ready for another pretty boy president. Republicans?
AS: Like anyone cares. McCain. The GOP gets their asses handed to them in '08 no matter who they run.
SDNB#1: Indeed.
HF: Oscar nominations?
AS: Crap, crap, crap, and crap.
SDNB #1: Indeed.
SDNB #2: Dreamgirls was fierce.
AS: Define "fierce."
SDNB #2: Fierce is...it's just "fierce."
AS: Retire that word.
HF: Eddie Murphy deserves a win.
AS: And he's following it up with Norbit. I'm just saying.
SDNB #2: Indeed.
HF: It's called taking the money and running with it.
AS: Whole bunch of people must be doing that. Look at that cast list! Thandie Newton?
SDNB #1: Oh no.
AS: Oh yes. Crash didn't pay enough bills.
HF: He did write it himself along with his brother.
SDNB #2: I'm just going to drool now.
HF: You either get looks or skills in life.
SDNB #1: I beg to differ.
SDNB #2: Me too.
AS: I'm just saying keeping both Johnny Gill & Mel B isn't cheap.
HF: Noah's Arc getting the boot and a movie finale? Kinda cold, I think.
AS: I think it lost its way.
SDNB #2: Indeed.
HF: It never promised to be more than what it is, a comic soap that dealt with GBM lives. Have we ever seen that before?
SDNB #1: Indeed.
AS: Stop filing your nails! Anyway, should we really celebrate blandness?
HF: Blandness is the equaliser in today's America.
AS: I think that's tragic.
HF: But true. Nobody takes you seriously until you show that you're 99.9% like them.
AS: I don't think we are.
HF: Nobody really is. We're just supposed to appear that way. Anyway, I think it's sad.
SDNB #1: Indeed.
AS: I look at it this way: Yeah, it was the first mainstream show about GBM, but it's not the first good mainstream show. Hell, the first good mainstream show about gays period has yet to air.
HF: Well, at least they didn't air The Closet.
SDNB #1/SDNB #2/AS: Indeed.
HF: Onto Eurovision.
SDNB #1: Hurray.
HF: Dmitry Koldun?
AS: Dima Bilan mk II. Just like Constantinos was Sakis Rouvas mk II in Kyiv.
SDNB #2: Indeed.
HF: The song is not bad. It starts out with this whole James Bond style.
AS: But it doesn't really build upon it.
SDNB #1: I want to see him go crazy onstage, don't you? That's what really made "Never Let You Go" work.
AS: Did it though? I thought it was just because everyone wanted to fuck him. I did.
HF: Not me.
SDNB #2: He had on a mullet. A mullet.
HF: He's not a hockey player. He ought to have just shaved it off. You can't take anyone with a mullet seriously unless they're planning on killing you.
SDNB #2: Indeed.
AS: No matter what anyone else sends out, the Swedes will place 3rd or 5th.
SDNB #1: Indeed.
HF: We haven't heard the winner yet. I say the UK places really high this year, and Portugal makes it to the final this year. Germany falls on their face if they don't send Roger Cicero.
AS: Portugal?
HF: Yes, Portugal. Think about it? Did you expect Finland to win last year? The stakes are raised big time across the board. This is no time for copycats.
SDNB #2: Indeed.
Well, that wraps up the 700th Post Club.
2 comments:
Indeed!
Uh, I mean: congratulations on another milestone!
I think Al Gore will run and if he does, he will win.
A recent article in Rolling Stone suggests that if he does decide to run, only ONE WORD will be necessary to get people thinking and generate some excitement.
IMAGINE..... where America would be today if Gore had been elected president.
Post a Comment