Wednesday, January 10, 2007

The View-Splash Post-Mortem: Drinking With The Ex

Ugh!

Never again.

As much as there is to be said for maintaining amicable relations, the long, protracted silences wherein he tries to complete a thought just drive my "say what you mean, and say it fast" self up a wall, and remind me of how good it is to be single again.

On the upside, one thing I have discovered that is true: go-go boys and opportunists will flock to a tall, skinny white man like moths to a flame.

That is a problem I certainly do not want to ever have, since 9 times out of 10, I just want to watch some music videos and take in the barely whispered conversations between the patrons and the steroided.

2 comments:

ponoono said...

lie can be painful when you know how a sentence is gonna end about 10 seconds before the guy who is talking...

dondon009 said...

Moths to a flame is how it would be if you were to stop by Clearwater!

That is exactly what happens when a black man enters the local gay pub...... (the mush for brainiacs immediately start thinking MANDINGO) which is why Al and I don't go there.

Not a good thing since it would not give me the opportunity to finally get to talk to you!

Someday, we will have that drink (s) at the Bourbon Pub in New Orleans.

don~