Sunday, May 20, 2007

Saturday Jukebox Says Sometimes You Can Be Too Tacky

Case in point, this year's Austrian entry:

Dancing AIDS ribbons? Dancing AIDS ribbons?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, why did you remove the crazy rant? it was pretty interesting, if incoherent.

Hikaru said...

Spam and wasn't germane to the topic.

If the post was about Austria in general, I might've kept it.

Anonymous said...

well, there were very few subjects that the rant *didn't* touch upon. and although i didn't have the patience to read through the whole thing, i'm pretty certain that the rant must have had some connection to austria.

has your blog received similar rant-posts in the past? and do you always take them down? i don't have a blog myself, but i'm just interested in how and why bloggers edit the posts made by other people.

oh, and just to make this post relevant to the topic at hand, i confess that i didn't immediately notice the red ribbon -- until i read the caption that you put beneath the video clip. but now the video makes even less sense to me.

Hikaru said...

Correction: I meant "had it not been just about Austria in general, I might've kept it."

Occasionally blogs get comment spam by either bots or overzealous people who just put in a random search and leave a comment. I try to keep things on this blog pretty much on topic.

I have gotten a couple of these blog rants, which are usually distinguished by their rambling nature. (Plus anything that long that was posted within 30 seconds is automatically suspect.)

I reckon if someone wants to get a long, complex message out to a group of people, there are better ways of doing it.

Hikaru said...

The rant was also extremely homophobic, which does not fly at all on this blog.

Anonymous said...

thanks for explaining where you're coming from.

Anonymous said...

did you see this?

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/22/opinion/22watts.html?em&ex=1180065600&en=0b04c85bc01c6c16&ei=5087%0A

dondon009 said...

Well dear friend.... I am terribly missing you post-mortems lately and since I've been tagged, I thought this would be a great way to ask you to write a little bit about yourself.... WHY should I be the only one to suffer?

YOU'VE BEEN TAGGED!

Please stop by my site, read the rules and participate.

BTW the person who tagged me, Ric lives is Portugal and posted about Eurovision recently. A different perspective.....

Thanks,

DON~