Thursday, September 25, 2008

From the "The Times They Are A-Changin'" Department

Mr. Nice suspends his campaign to focus on the economic crisis, and asks Obama to do the same.

This is truly asinine...or just really dumb posturing.

For starters, he's known about this crisis for quite some time, and if he felt it needed that much focus, he would've asked for this suspension much earlier.

Secondly, there are people--on both sides of the aisle--working on this already.

Suck it up, Mister.

News coverage aside, I definitely have noticed the effect of the crisis here:

For the past few days, I have seen job fair lines stretch for nearly an entire Midtown block.

Today, I was on two packed PATH trains in the middle of the day. That is a first for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mccain is just being ridiculous. what does he think he can contribute to come up with a workable solution to the financial crisis? puh-lease.