Thursday, November 06, 2008

Wednesday Jukebox Tries To Explain the Zeitgeist again

There's a lot of mixed emotions I'm going through today: shock, happiness, and after the Prop 8 results--anger. 

I know that it's likely to be overturned (the California Supreme Court in their ruling stated clearly that equal treatment and rights of all Californians is fundamental, if memory serves me), but nonetheless, one always hopes that you can finally live in a world where people choose wisely when given the option to vote on equal rights and protections.

At home: sadly evil Ms. Darling pipped out a win over Sheldon Wasserman (courtesy of the Mequon returns which went in her favour), although just barely; and Jimmy Boy won by 80%.  I can only hope that this term he has a metaphorical "Come to Jesus" moment and realises the error of his ways.

So it's a lot to think about.

I can't believe that I am alive--and not even close to collecting my pension--at a time when the US has elected a black president...and by such a resounding margin. 

Therefore, my jukebox take on it is the partly incomprehensible, jarring, but still jubliant Jumper by Capsule.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

a lot to think about indeed.