Friday, February 27, 2009

Humour Impared

The blogger who started Foley-gate apparently is rather uptight.

He writes in the Huffington Post about a pilot's joke that he calls an "insult," which I find rather funny.

Ok, I saw the fuselage get towed hither and yon from my window for several days.

I think calling the Hudson River "US Airways' new runway" is a good chuckle. Perhaps Mr. Hudson is rather sensitive since his own name lends itself to many puns itself.

And could we lay off the canonisation of "Sully?" The man was doing his job, not to mention the fact that everyone survived was not purely due to his efforts but of the whole crew doing what they were trained to do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

people seem to become outraged at the most ridiculous things these days.

ponoono said...

Not only did the man flawlessly execute a water landing.. and no i do not think they train for that... but he had the presence of mind to aim for the ferry terminal so there would be boats to rescue his people.

I think it proves that in a moment of danger... I would rather have a ex USAF fighter pilot at the controls of my airliner than one of these civil pilots educated by Iranian Airways.