Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Bring these out on DVD

I'm going to ignore the whole Paris-gets-hacked frivolity for one main reason: "Stupid is as stupid does." (I have never expected that I'd ever quote "Forrest Gump.")

Instead, I'm going to do a bit of navel-gazing here. Last night, I had a great time recording and watching old episodes of Designing Women and Two Guys and A Girl that I had on my DVR. Both have their sucky seasons: (Designing Women was only really great in my view for 3 seasons (1988-1991); Two Guys and A Girl only got good after they dropped "The Pizza Place.") However, when they're good they're really good. My cheeks ached after laughing and grinning so much.

So with that in mind, here's my list of shows that I hope will be completely released on DVD.

  1. Designing Women (the complete version, not that knock-off "best of")
  2. Two Guys and A Girl
  3. The Amazing Race (Why The Apprentice and The Simple Life have their first seasons on DVD, when The Amazing Race--which is starting its 7th(!) season--hasn't even released its first season is a mystery to me.)
  4. Grosse Pointe (I mean Wonderfalls is being released on DVD. Clearly there's a market for cult flop shows.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Designing Women rock! Ive been waiting for years for htem to come out with the dvd sets. Stupid music rights is causing the delay. aye.