
I have no shame in admitting this: I believe in astrology. Not as a religion, but just a gut feeling of mine that there's definitely a connection between the stars and how we behave here down on Earth.
Of course, I'm an Aquarian, a sign once described as "the second most prevalent sign in mental hospitals." (Scorpios are #1 according to that book. All the Scorpios I have met, have been charming friendly people. Although it's possible that the insane see each other as sane.)
For those who follow astrology, there are three times a year where we get the fun period known as "Mercury Retrograde," when the planet Mercury appears to be moving backwards, before appearing to resume its path. Mercury Retrograde is an absolute party! You see, Mercury rules communication, travel, and details. When it goes retrograde, all those best laid plans go haywire, even with the most obsessive preplanning.
Got a contract to sign? You'd better think twice.
Got a new project you want to start? Keep brainstorming.
Want to move on with your new play which you've been writing for nearly three weeks now and find yourself permanently stuck with writer's block? Them's the breaks.
Lest you think that this is time to grab your stuffed animal and stay hidden for three weeks, there is a silver lining. People and/or objects from your past have a tendency to come back into your life: the good and the bad.
Yesterday, I got one of those mass emails with questions from a guy who I used to have a crush on and had a very dysfunctional quasi-relationship with. I have not heard nor seen him in years, mostly out of choice. (That's the Aquarian sprit, always move forward!) Now, I've been hemming and hawing on whether to respond back.
What would Harvey Fierstein do?
1 comment:
I'm a true Gemini through and through. And I believe there is something to this whole retrograde thingie. If I disappear for a few weeks then assume I've been locked away someplace safe and quiet.
Post a Comment