Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Thank goodness!

London won the 2012 Olympics, which means the deranged capitalists, tourists, and general mayhem will not be made worse by New York having the games.

Of course now, the rumour mill has it that New York is angling for the 2016 games along with Toronto. So even if I immigrate I still run the risk of getting screwed by Olympic-size chaos 11 years from now.

Splash/Rawhide/View/Barracuda/XES post-mortem later today.

1 comment:

Pookie65 said...

Yours truly lived in Atlanta during the games. It was not pretty. An entire community of 300+- low income families were bought out (eminent domain if truth be told) so that a new stadium could be built. With the appromixately $40,000 per home they were graciously given these people were left homeless. I hated Atlanta from the day it was announced we "won" and I still hate it. Any southern hospitality was exchanged for corporate ass kissing. Once a great city it became just another huge metropolis for crime, greed, and pollution. Crawford, TX sounds like a good place for 2016. They already have the crime and greed....