Just as intriguing is this article from 365Gay.com, which goes into their backgrounds:
- Kraynak wanted to become a high-fashion model since his days serving at Fort Bragg. With this in mind, he signed up with an Atlanta agency, but wound up in porn. An employee at the Toronto club the pair worked at stated that Kraynak was "very soft spoken and sometimes uncomfortable stripping."
- Wright conversely was quite happy with the money that he got from stripping, which allowed him to live a "party boy" lifestyle.
I haven't read the stateside coverage of this, but I'm hoping that they do not demonise either of these two because of what they did. I have sinking suspicion (which I hope does not occur) that Kraynak's hometown media is going to try to paint Wright as someone who led him astray, when both are now dead under mysterious circumstances.
What I would like to find out is how well did Kraynak and Wright know each other. It's evident that they worked for the same agency, but were they friends, possibly even more? The pair seem to have absolute opposite personalities. Wright being vivacious, and Kraynak being rather withdrawn. I don't want to jump to overdramatic conclusions, but the possibilty does exist that this is a lovers' suicide as depicted in many kabuki plays and in Romeo & Juliet.
A sidenote: Much has been said in editorals across the nation, that the American media only pays attention to missing young white girls, and never to women of colour, or men of all ethnic backgrounds. These men had been missing since August 22, and only the Canadian media, the gay media, and their local media found it worthy of coverage. You might very well say that this is only a local story. So was Natalee Holloway. So was Chandra Levy. So was Elizabeth Smart. How are they exceptions? What places their lives on a level of higher importance than those of Kraynak & Wright, or of anyone who goes missing? Part of the point of reporting on missing persons cases is the hope that someone will see something and go to the authorities.
So apparently men and minority women have lives that aren't worth saving according to the media's rules.
I'm stepping off my soapbox now.
3 comments:
You do know that I now depend on you for updates on this case?
Here is one theory: Perhaps it was an acid trip gone bad? Or do young people still drop acid? There is definitely more to this story than we'll ever know.
Agree with you on the media coverage too. If the person missing is a female WASP then they don't get the headlines. Sad but true.
As unhip as I am, my more with-it friends say that people still do acid, although it's possibly it might be coke or meth.
Thank you for your response, Scrappy. Indeed, it looks like Kraynak was not gay, but gay-for-pay. He was certainly marketed by his agency as such.
The lovers' suicide possibility I tossed out as a theory, merely because there are many unknown variables in this case. I do hope that this case does not fall by the wayside because the authorities and media move onto the next big thing.
Post a Comment