They are cancelling the resurrected A Current Affair, hosted by the aesthetically pleasing, but quite huge-headed Tim Green.
I only saw one episode of it, but I would gladly ask TPTB to reconsider their decision since the replacement is going to be a daily news show with Geraldo Rivera. Now, Tim Green actually seems like a decent guy, not to mention well-rounded: football player-turned-bestselling writer. If you saw his occasional appearances on Good Day New York, then you'd know that he also comes across as quite likable and intelligent.
Contrast this with the bombastic and knuckle-headed Geraldo Rivera. He belongs in the category of men who really should just never speak and just walk around naked.
And honestly, it shocks me that NewsCorp is too cheap to just do a measly little half-hour national news broadcast. I wouldn't watch it, but judging by the way that FOX 5 was trying hype A Current Affair as the equivalent of their national news, they should just go ahead and do it.
By the way, in case you're wondering why my extreme-left self is doing watching FOX News, here's my explanation/excuse: Despite both being owned by NewsCorp, I do perceive the local FOX stations as being quite separate from FOX News Channel. The local FOX stations, especially the one here in New York, is pretty objective when it comes to opinion. (Even the resident editiorial curmudgeon, Christopher Jones, seems pretty moderate-to-liberal on many issues. I only hold his pro-Bloomberg stance against him.) Plus, to be honest with you, I'd rather watch the lively Good Day New York instead of any of the other staid morning shows.
2 comments:
I'm surprised by some of the shows...comments that FOX allows on it's affiliates given the whole "holier than thou - Pro-Bush" theme on Fox News.
I've not seen the show in question but if you say it's good then I trust you. Should I write a letter?
B&B Sidenote: OH My GOD. Is Miss Bridgette going to see through Nick at the wedding? And WTF is Brooke doing chasing after Nick aka Ridge clone when she has Anotnio Saboto Jr. in the wings?
Good Day New York is quite good. I like an anarchic morning show. Plus, it's got an extremely good looking weatherman (Mike Woods) on it. It's a shame they didn't take it nationally like Good Day LA.
A Current Affair, however, is D.O.A. It really has no chance of being brought back, but hopefully, Tim Green will get another job in front of the camera. You can always buy one of his books.
In respect to B&B: Brooke is a damn fool trying to go after Nick. For starters, ew, he's marrying her daughter! I agree, she's got Antonio Sabato Jr. Stop being so greedy!
Did you crack up with Ridge's line "let's take it to the runway!"
Post a Comment