Tuesday, February 28, 2006

The Cold Slap of Monday

First, I wake up and Good Day New York is live from The Bronx, where they send Mike Woods to his shtick with his nostrils at a hair salon (ponder that for a moment), while Lyn Brown is swaddled like Nanook of the North. If I was Lyn Brown, I'd be pissed. Majorly.

Even worse, I read this. People, the man cannot write. Wise up.

6 comments:

Bougie Black Boy said...

what is up with this tyler perry phenomena!????

Anonymous said...

Madea is funny, plain and simple. He is just satirising and sometimes overexaggerating some black-family lives. What's up with all this hate of Tyler. I don't remember anyone hating on Flip Wilson with Geraldine. As I mentioned before, leave my man Mike alone. :)

dondon009 said...

As upsetting as it might be that Tyler Perry can't write my friend, he certainly has found a way to get that money rolling in!

As for Good Day New York, I would have just gone back to bed, pulling the covers securly over my head!

Have a great week!

Hikaru said...

Prince, I love you. :)

Now, I like Madea as a character, my issue is with Tyler Perry as a writer. I give him massive amounts of credit for turning his lemon of a life into lemonade, but he seems to think that his work isn't just poorly constructed fluff. He thinks he's Moses reincarnated.

And there's the whole closet-case issue as well.

Now, as for Mr. Woods: You need to tell your man not to stay indoors while the grand dame of Fox 5 is freezing her dignified self outside. He's young, she ain't. :)

BostonPobble said...

Don't you hate it when you write better than people who've made it as writers? *sigh*

Bougie Black Boy said...

it's all about finding what is marketable. And, sadly, right now--poorly written stereotypical black literature and film is the thing