Saturday, February 04, 2006

Norske Melodi Grand Prix 2006 Second Chance Round: Quick and Dirty

Technically this was the actual semi-final (with all the previous rounds being qualifiers), but it's February and I'm cutting myself some slack this month.

I didn't see the whole thing, but just the tail end. After some snooping around, here are two songs that made it:
  • Brigitte Einarsen: Saturday
  • Veronica Akselsen: Like A Wind

So a happy dance tune and a crappy ballad, both of which were performed last week.

What. A. Shock.

Hopefully, the latter will fall on its face (along with Tor Endersen's dirge and the no-hopers cabal of Geir & Jorun) tomorrow. I also hope that the hackneyed "Here for the show" will be shown how weak it is, because as I see it, the song just squeezed in due to the extra performance.

Then again, this is the land of Jahn Teigen.

At this point, Queentastic or Brigitte had better win this.

No comments: