Thursday, February 02, 2006

Splash-Stonewall-XL Post-Mortem: Certain Things I'd Like to Forget

Warning: This is going to be graphic.

Let me start this out by saying what literally happened this morning:

I woke up in a pool of my own vomit.

I don't know how this happened, because normally vomiting is such an unpleasant experience that I would assume that I would be awake and aware that I need to be in the bathroom. Not to mention that since I can only assume that I did this in my sleep, that it is a wonder that I'm still alive and not dead...having choked on my own bile.

The funny thing is that this was supposed to be a light night. Just a few drinks to get me out of the apartment while The State of the Union address was on. I even remember how many I had: 4 Coronas at Splash, a White Russian and a Black Russian at The Stonewall, a Corona and 2 "X-rated coolers" at XL. Finishing that all off with some cheese fries.

Using my amateur sleuthing skills (which are minor), I can come up with only a few theories:
  1. It was the Russians.
  2. It was the cheese fries.

Considering that the taste is still in my mouth, I'm leaning towards #2.

I've never said that it was pretty being me.

By the way, Splash had a video montage of Brokeback Mountain with Lyle Lovett's cover of "Stand By Your Man." I don't know what to make out of that.

5 comments:

Clay said...

oh lllllllawwwwddddddddd! that is exactly why i dont drink!

Bougie Black Boy said...

nassy. LOL
Clay, Come join me and Hikaru one friday night.

Hikaru,
that was ggggg--ross.
the pool of vomit was just a flashback from the eating disorder days. relapse. LOL we know about those.

Hikaru said...

The main lesson I've learned:

Avoid the greasy place that sells cheese fries.

And 9 drinks is a light night for me.

Pookie65 said...

You don't fool me for a minute. I know damn good and well that even as you vomit you do it with finesse & style. :-)

At elast you woke up in a pool of your own sick in your own home and not that of someone else. Better yet at least it was your own sick that you woke up in!

I'm ill just thinking of the sweet drinks. Nothing worse than a liquer hangover.

dondon009 said...

Of course it was the cheese fries... no way in hell could it be the mix of the beer and liquor!

As gross as this sounds, it's certainly better than waking up with a "butt fuck ugly" stranger by your side!

I really enjoy my Wednesday visits to Hikaruland, my friend!