
Now, I realise that New York to Fort Lauderdale is one of the busiest flights in the country. I also realise that early March is favourite time for people to vacation. That said, you really don't expect to play out Six Degrees of Separation on a cruise.
First, I wasn't expecting to see the man who shot some XXX photos and video of me back in January. I was also shocked--as in running back to the room to tell my comrade/roommate shocked--to see that damn twink who won Porn Idol onboard. Apparently when he's sober, he's quite shy. Quelle surprise, I tell you. (The thought of tossing him overboard did indeed cross my mind.) Then one of the Atlantis staffers mentioned that he trains with my trainer back in New York and knew me by name and face! Now, given that the company is based in California, this struck me as very odd.
That daft car commercial about the stereotypicall DINK New Yorkers driving further and further to get away from other New Yorkers is actually true. God help us all.
Next Time: "The Joys of St. Maarten (but where are all the Dutchmen?)"
By the way, the 500th post is coming up. Since there are still about 5 more episodes of Bacchanal 2006 to get through (and thank you for your patience), there will be a 500th post (observed). Send in your questions via email or the comments section.
No comments:
Post a Comment