Friday, March 24, 2006

Soaps and Eurosexvision

As both Pookie & the Mizez know, I've been a keen watcher of The Bold & The Beautiful since last year. Well, these days I'm still watching it, but not paying as much attention to it (frankly, I wish it was Ronn Moss who was comatose. By the way, how the hell did Mario Lopez get into the opening credits?).

God help me, I am now paying attention to As The World Turns and The Gay Storyline That Is Taking Forever To Unravel.

The producers certainly know how to string people along. There was a backrub between gay teen Luke and his best friend Kevin (who he is infatuated with) back in early February, despite hints to the audience galore, the word "gay" wasn't even uttered until the beginning of this month.

Now, it's gotten all haywire with this addition of this girl who is partly blackmailing him (and the kid is so neurotic he doesn't even know it's blackmail) and partly closeting him. This is all fine and dandy, but honestly, all the queens want to know is if Luke & Kevin are going to get together.

As for the rest of the show, I can't figure it out. It seems like a whole bunch of perturbed blonde women and their dark-haired nearly-mute men in assorted life-threatening situations. I have to point this out, practically no-one smiles on this show. This only sticks out because the opening sequence involves all of these people smiling in the most unnerving manner possible.

As for the sex and Eurovision portion of this post...Well, this year is turning out to be quite interesting. We already know about Severina's sex tape and Popbitch features this tidbit (which I take with a grain of salt) about Arsenium who is part of this year's Moldovan entry:

"Remember O-Zone, who had a monster global hit in 2004 with Dragostea Din Tea? Two of the three singers are in a master-slave, dom-sub relationship. Lead singer Dan is the sex master of Arsenium, registered as his slave, no...Dan has given permission for Arsenium to indulge his fetish for rough sex with other dominant partners. If you are interested, Arsenium 'likes to be spanked or tied up,' but isn't into water sports, kids, animals or 'permanent damage.'"

Ok, Carola you'd better fess up about your kinky activities now. We all know the pious are the biggest freaks in bed.

No comments: