- Wisconsin faces a brain drain, according to 365Gay, and rightly so considering that a slim idiot majority is now voting. (Of course, in my home county there has always been a high idiot majority.)
- This whole Delta-US Airways merger talk is absolutely crazy. For starters, I'm happy that US Airways is now bouncing out of bankrupcy--after being swallowed by the even smaller America West, but smart business sense does not include being cocky. I say interline, mesh yourselves together via an alliance, but for the love of god, DO NOT MERGE! If anything, Delta ought to reposition itself as a domestic trunk routes only carrier with a slew of international destinations. (In other words, Pan Am for the new millenium.) Conversely, US Airways should give up most of its international routes and become the lead interregional airline which has always been its strength both as US Airways and as America West. All that aside, I actually think a Northwest-Continental merger is not that bad of an idea, though the fleet standardisation (Airbus versus Boeing) would be killer.
- President Tommy "Crying-at-the-Wisconsin-State-Fair-because-they-don't-like-me-in-DC" Thompson? God, I hope not. McCarthy ought to be proof enough that Wisconsin Republicans should not be allowed to run amok in national politics.
- Eye Update: The bruises are still there, and have left me with a rather nice look: Half of each eye is white, the other half is red. I personally like it (but I don't want it to be permanent), and my refusal to wear sunglasses--especially on a cloudy day--briefly scared a little child at Macy's yesterday. Life is good.
Friday, November 17, 2006
Iroiro (this-and-that)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment