Bet you weren't expecting another one so soon.
The fact of the matter is that my general m.o. when faced with an early morning departure is to just stay up all night. Since I already spend a lot of time at home, I figured why not just go out.
So I did.
Apparently, Splash on Sunday nights has a dance contest. I dutifully watched and waited for it to end so I could just listen to the music and bop my head along.
It was during this dance contest that I stepped upon a personal epiphany.
The American gay world in general is geared towards one type and one type only: GWMs aged 30-35, with a height of 5'7"-5'10", lean bodies, with a skin tone between slight pink to lightly tan.
Everyone else is basically their playthings, or entertainment, or learns to derive their pleasure within that spectrum.
And you know what? That's alright.
I don't at all agree that this is the way things should be, but for the time being (and it is a short time), I can live within these parameters.
Primarily because I know (not hope, but know) that this is going to change within my lifetime.
On a completely superficial note, if you play "Pride (A Deeper Love)" on repeat twice in a row, it's damn near spiritual. Could we declare that our anthem?
No comments:
Post a Comment