We are going West this year.
Oh yes, we are going West (or South).
(I have to say South because Cyprus & Malta are strong.)
This is a year where the "middle" entries have been rising to win the national finals, and amongst all of these strongest is from Spain, but even the internal selections from Belgium and Switzerland have broad appeal.
Hell, even Andorra stands a serious chance this year.
Remaining to be heard: Turkey, Hungary, Russia, Portugal (major dark horse this year), Ukraine.
Remaining to be decided: Serbia (along with Bulgaria, the only possible spoilers to a Western win), Sweden (it is not their year), Ukraine, the UK (another dark horse), Portugal, and the Czech Republic.
2 comments:
Do you really think that Spain's is one of the strongest?
I'd be so excited!!!
I think a problem with the Big Four (and all countries that aren't in the semifinal) is that people already know that songs that were performed in the semifinal, so they are more likely to vote for those. So I think that not being in the semifinal hurts their chances. What do you think?
I think that being directly qualified to the final is ultimately a blessing in many cases. Think of 2005, Greece wasn't in the semi, and went onto win it.
The Saturday night audience tends to be bigger, plus for the people who thought XYZ song was good amongst the 24 semifinal songs, may think that it isn't that great amongst all the songs in the final, many of which seem fresher, since all they heard before that was a 30 second clip.
Post a Comment