Georgia (the one that Sherman didn't march through) picked its song over the weekend and boy is it a piece of work.
I mean that in a complimentary way, as Sopho has an amazing voice and the song has an equally great arrangement--even the lyrics are quite meditative (although these days I'm happy for anything beyond "I love you, you love me" when it comes to anything midtempo or slower).
Take a look at the video:
Now, here's the flip side. Y'see the staging of the song at the Georgian National Final is a bit strange. I'm all for performance art, but...well:
Ambitious? Yes. Avantgarde? Yes. OTT? Possibly. I hope they whip it into sleeker shape by May as Georgia is only 1 of the 2 entries so far that have the best chance of taking the trophy anywhere east of Switzerland.
All that said, I'd be surprised if Georgia doesn't make it into the Final.
No comments:
Post a Comment