Monday, May 19, 2008

Happy Eurovision Week

Yes, it's this week.

TVE Internacional doesn't appear to be showing any of the semis, but I will remain optimistic. (I used to watch this on a computer, and I can tell you, it is no fun at all unless you're an optometrist.)

A bit of a change this year, I will be doing a vlog pre-show and post-show instead of live blogging.

Now to kickstart Eurosong Week, here are three of the Big 4: Spain, France, and the UK. Surprisingly, Germany is the weak link in this year's Big 4.

I've said my reservations about Spain, but there is an odd comedic appeal there.



I like M. Tellier, he looks like he just stepped off a ELO video shoot circa 1980, and dammit if the song doesn't make you stop and ponder "what exactly does he mean by 'chivers'?"



And finally, Andy Abraham seems to be strong vocally and the stage is apropos for a funk song, but they've got to: a) lose the pyros, and b) get some different shots, the man is an engaging performer. Use it!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

of these three, my favorite song is still the one from spain. perrea perrea! and the choreography they put together isn't half bad.