Friday, July 08, 2005

Confessions of a Soap & Credit Sequence Junkie

As a side effect of the month-plus long sequestering I went through with the corset, I am now a soap addict. I did not want to be this way, and I feel dirty all the time, but I just can't help myself.

The Bold & The Beautiful was my gateway drug. It's only 30 minutes long (hell, 15 minutes if you count commercials), so how honestly complex can it get? That was followed by Passions, which I really did not expect to be as campy and tongue-in-cheek as it is. (Can you really look down upon a self-referential quote like "I'll be gone quicker than Coupling from NBC's Thursday nights?") I knew things were bad when I started watching The Young & The Restless, which is not short, not campy, and really would have no attraction to me whatsoever save for the fact that I find it hilarious that in fictional Genoa City, Wisconsin nobody has an accent.

And then someone on a website directed me to World of Soap Themes. Lord, I did not need this. A site devoted to nothing but opening and closing sequences for soaps. I already am addicted to opening and closing sequences for Japanese animation. (I get that fix from bestanime.) Now I've got the theme from Another World running rampant in my head for nigh on three weeks now.

There has to be some equivalent of methadone to get me off of this.

3 comments:

Pookie65 said...

Par for course I have something to add... I am so loving Y&R and B&B.

Victor Newman, I hate you so much.

Brad Carlton, Call me. Anytime. I mean that.

Stephanie Forestor - You are a first class bitch. Will you be my new best friend?

Ridge Forestor - Shut up already. You pitiful excuse of a metrosexual. And dye your hair back. You look like hell.

I share your vice. Obviously.

Hikaru said...

Amen in respect to Ridge. I don't think it's dye, I think it's asleeping skunk.

Pookie65 said...

Sleeping or just dead? At this stage I'm not so sure anything can bring it back to life.