Sunday, September 11, 2005

It is a small town

You often forget that Manhattan is an island with just a little over a million people on it. Last night, while heading off on a mini-bar crawl (I need to dull the pain of my new capitalist lifestyle), I run into Meleni, a friend from high school who I haven't seen since 1997.

Meleni, by the way, was the singer I was hoping to see at the Roxy several weeks ago. Apparently she came on at 7am! So if I ever do the Roxy again, I will go to sleep at 10, and then go there at 5.

Slightly off-topic, but people have been calling me "diesel" recently, and I have no clue what on earth they mean. I can tell that it's a good thing, but the only thing that comes to my mind is "diesel dyke." Considering that these have been mostly straight people saying this, I doubt that's the connection. I realise I'm out of the loop, so please enlighten me.

3 comments:

Pookie65 said...

Am I to understand that people are still partying at the Roxy at 7:00 AM and that some acts don't actually perform until then? There is something inherently wrong about walking in to or out of a bar at 7 in the morning. I can remember walking out of a bar just one time and the sun coming up. That was more than a decade ago and I still get that sick "WTF" have I done feeling in my gut.

I really am getting old.

Bougie Black Boy said...

Yeah diesel is a good thing. trust me on it. And from the looks of your picture--you're definitely diesel!

Adam Szymkowicz said...

diesel is like buff or cut. It means you look pumped or muscular or something.