Saturday, December 10, 2005

Bloomie, Please...

So Marie Antoinette up in Gracie Mansion is now calling for legalised gay marriage?

Isn't this just ducky? You wait until the circumstances are such that you could be portrayed as the saviour. I offer this little kernel of wisdom to the closet case of the city: If you knew it was the right thing in February, then you should've gone then and there and fought for it tooth and nail. Perhaps waiting may give you brownie points at the polls. Perhaps waiting until you were re-elected may have made your advisors (certain ones who I have addressed on here ) more content.

Lest you think that I am dismayed by your announcement, Mr. Mayor. I am quite happy that you are doing the right thing. I just wonder why your motivation to do it took 10 months, particularly since you were already aware that giving same-sex couples the right to marry was indeed the correct thing to do.

The sooner you and your hollow opinion poll-based heart leave office, the better off the rest of us will be.

1 comment:

sttropezbutler said...

I do so love your POV.

Thanks....

STB