Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Normal Service Has Been Resumed

Well, I finished my work (well 75% of it) so normal posting is back.

To celebrate its completion, I watched March of the Penguins.

I cannot believe they are marketing this film to children. It is just full of death. I'm not going to go into detail here, but it was like watching Bambi all over again (a film that I have only seen once since it was too traumatic to me as a child when Bambi's mother was shot). I'm just envisioning children unwrapping the DVD over the Holidays, putting it on and just crying their eyes out. I didn't cry myself, but I certainly winced a lot.

Maybe the current crop of children are harder souls than I.

2 comments:

BostonPobble said...

Oh Thank God you are back! Glad your writing is *almost* done. And I did wonder about the movie. One of the few things I know about penguins is their lives are not (!!!!) easy. The Divine M is considering getting it for her 2 year old. I am fwding her this post!

Clay said...

i really need to see that movie - ive heard some good things about it