This will be a long post-mortem so I'm dividing it up into various "episodes," (currently at 8)because real life is episodic and not a continuous narrative...at least in my view. Now, I'm going to be honest with you lot, this will not be chronological.
Anyway, on with the show.
Episode #1: European Virgos and American Capricorns
Remember earlier this year where I stated that I was going to stick to Capricorns and Libras for dating purposes? Well, I tried to get this declaration started on the cruise. On the first night, my comrade/roommate & I had dinner with two guys from LA who were travelling together. One of them, A, took a shining to me and it was definitely reciprocated. The reason why? He looked nearly the spitting image of the proverbial one that got away. (For the scant few who know my work, the character of Jim in Midvinter was based on him.) A stared intensely at me and seemed to do his best to keep conversation limited to just us and not the other 4 seated at the table. I understood his rationale, but I still seemed a tad bit "wrong place, wrong time."
A was certainly a piece of work. A Mormon ex-rodeo performer-turned-actor. He seemed to stammer most of the time, which was certainly endearing, but made conversation stilted to say the least. Most interestingly--and perhaps this is a sign of how Mormonism can turn gay men awkward, introverted, and in love with risky behaviour--he wanted me to bareback him. Obviously, I used a condom irrespective of what he said, but I was surprised that in this day and age, that someone would actually claim that he is "allergic to condoms." I think that excuse merits a doctor's note.
A was the first Capricorn. The second one, B, was another awkward one. B was a doctor from New York who works out at my gym and was travelling with his acquaintence, who was a former porn performer and the star of the ship. He told me that he was thinking he'd at least get seconds, but hadn't yielded anything yet. I knew exactly what he meant. One of the more interesting things I have discovered recently is that there is a strong disconnect between how I see myself and how others view me. (More on this later.) B didn't believe me when I told him about how I still see myself as the pimply faced overweight kid, and probably will forevermore. I can't quite say what I felt for B. It was romantic, as much as it shocks me to say so. His awkwardness, his inhibitions, his pragmatism. I wonder if there is more to be written...in the metaphorical sense.
C, however, was a Virgo. An extremely extroverted Hungarian Virgo living in New York. Now, I try not to buy into stereotypes much, but when a man in see-through pants, a white faux-fur muff, and body glitter tells you he's a top...well, you have to wonder "really?" C, I met having a cigarette and a Sweet Vermouth in the cruise's coffee shop. I really just thought he was being friendly until we got to that night's dance ('90s Dance Divas--where they did NOT play "Everybody Everybody"). To make a long story short, buoyed by alcohol and the fact that no gay man can handle bumping and grinding against another man for 3 hours without being aroused, we wound up making out naked in the whirlpool. Two days later, he tried to go the whole way, but I was not that inebriated, so bottoming was not going to happen. (Not that I need to be drunk to bottom, but bottoming is something I like to save for close friends and relationships. It takes months of knowing each other for me to bottom.)
Next time: "You Can't Love Another Without Loving Yourself (so would you please go and jump off this boat now?)"
5 comments:
Yes Hikaru,
I know males and females BOTH who are highly allergic to a lot of condoms.
I understand where you're coming from on what zodiac signs you can mess with and all...like me being a Virgo, I have learned that sexually I can set off an explosion with another virgo and relationship-wise...anything BUT a Libra and some Tauruses and Capricorns.
I love reading your posts of all your activities...I feel like I'm ready a fantasy story, although it's your reality. I cannot wait to read the other episodes.
No excuse to go barebacking strangers, bougie.
Professor GQ: Many of my close friends are Libras, as well as Virgos. The latter is surprising since apparently Aquarians and Virgos are supposed to not get along in the long haul.
Bareback is a very scary word.... I happen to be allergic to the person who is allergic to condoms..... could be why I'm alive and so many of my friends are not!
Glad you're back and yes, this is going to prove to be a very interesting read.
Visual enhancements would be nice, though......
I never said "bareback" them. BUT--there are some hyperallergenic ones out. Some people are allergic to just certain types of condoms.
Post a Comment