Sunday, March 05, 2006

Win, Whore, Win!


Well, at least something went right on this big Eurovision evening (late afternoon here, to be honest).

Severina, her red dress, and high heels did the business and won the Dora. Seve dear, if you're reading this, know that there was a cheer across the Atlantic for your victory--and whore is a term of endearment in my world.

After seeing and hearing this year's Gwen Stefani-meets-Kylie Minogue Turkish entry, there are now two (maybe three)* entries that have got my ears and eyes all giddy.

*It's fair cop, innit?

Unfortunately, Jessica Andersson and Kayo got screwed at Melodifestivalen by some pop-era entry and a knock off of last year's Norwegian song, but you can't win them all.

Ana Nikolic had better win in Belgrade, that's all I'm saying.

Somewhat related to the headline, this corner of the internet is on hiatus for 10 days starting tomorrow for the conclusion of the annual bacchanal, which this year is going to involve a cruise (pun partly intended) and a few days in Fort Lauderdale.

Update: Alas, it's looking like Serbia & Montenegro is going to pull out over a dispute over the results. Not like it matters to me, since Ana only came in 2nd to a comedy number. In the meantime, here is Severina's performance from Dora 2006 and Ana's from Evropesma, where she did indeed Beyonce up her performance even more.

8 comments:

Clay said...

ive never seen this person but the outfit is hot!

Bougie Black Boy said...

wher eare you hiding?

Hikaru said...

On my 4th day on the cruise, Stephen. (Internet usage is pricey.) After that's over, then I'm in Fort Lauderdale.

It's been very unique.

Pookie65 said...

I hope you have a fabulous time on your cruise. Cannot wait to hear all about it.

Smooches!

Waddie G. said...

wow...it's unlike you to not have a post in five days...oops!!! I can't talk...LOL

How you doing, man...just stopping by.

Waddie G. said...

oops! I didn't see that you are on a cruise...have fun for me!!!

Bougie Black Boy said...

You should have given me access tand allowed me to be the Guest Blogger while u were away

Hikaru said...

Tom,

Alas, no. The bacchanal has tapped my travel budget for most of 2006. I'm thinking Belgium or Croatia to win or get top 3. I may think the singer is naff, but I reckon Malta might actually win.