Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Tuesday Jukebox brings totty and divas

I'm currently in a medium writing period (hence the brief posts recently), but I thought it would be interesting to share some of the background music I've been using...

Wait, that's a lie--well, a partial one. I am indeed in a writing period, but quite frankly, Alan (or Alen) Hrzica's back catalogue isn't big enough (npi) to be a major component. He is, however, a nice pleasing sight during breaks, plus he tends to do uptempo songs, which is always a plus.

Alas, he's only recorded one album (which I can't find for love or money).

Sit back, bop your head, and enjoy:





Ok, Neka Te Odvede may be a ballad, but Alan gets the Kosuke Atari exemption.



We now return to sultry disco Alan, the way it should always be, dammit.



Finally: at least for Alan (sigh), here is Violine, which seems to combine the disco and ballad sides...somewhat



Now the title does say totty and divas, and ever since I stumbled across this clip some time ago, I have been trying to figure out the right post for it. I reckon this one is it. (I bow down to whoever assembled this!) I figure this is a perfect counterpoint with the Hrzica back catalogue.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the divas clip is a little surreal. in fact, it reminds me somewhat of a hog calling contest, where you see a series of random people hollering at the top of their lungs. after all, it takes a whole song for a diva to build up to the power and emotion of the climax. divorced from that build-up, the climax just seems like hollering.

and as for mr. hrzica, he's... well... meh.

Hikaru said...

Given Patti LaBelle's hairdon'ts in some of the clips, I would say it's like some sort of alien communication.